Sad news reaching browngh.com front desk is that a cylinder explosion at Adenta Powerland,suburb of Accra has rendered over thirty (30) people homeless.
An eye witness who gave a vivid account to our correspondent said the whole thing started with an unknown woman who was frying egg to add to her rice for lunch and there after,she forgot to turn off her cylinder and that eventually led to the gas explosion.
” This woman forgot to turn off her cylinder after frying some eggs which started the fire. Instead of finding ways quench the fire she run off crying which caused the fire to spread fast.” He narrated.
Madina Fire Service were present to quench the fire but the gravity of the fire was too much hence,they run out of water and some people in the neighborhood supported with water from their houses.
Currently as we speak, people who lives around the area where the incidence happened has been rendered homeless. Their wooden structured houses have been swallowed by fire.
See videos below;
View this post on Instagram
There’s been a cooking gas explosion caused by someone trying to fry some eggs but things went south and that has rendered hundreds of people homeless. The unfortunate incident happened around the Powerland area around Ritz-Agboogba environs. Several kiosks which serve as homes for more than 100 people have been burnt into ashes. At the time of filing this report, one Fire Service car was at the scene trying its best to quench the fire. People are seen wailing as they have been rendered homeless. There are known casualties yet. We would keep you posted.