Korle Bu Maternity Block not on fire-PRO

The Head of Public Relations at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Mustapha Salifu has rubbished reports that the Maternity Block of the health facility caught fire on Tuesday night.

According to him, one of the air-conditioner switches in one of the restrooms of the doctors emitted smoke which was detected by staff on duty around 9 pm.

“What happened was an air-conditioner switch in one of the restrooms of the doctors started emitting smoke which was detected by staff on duty at around 9 pm yesterday,” he explained in a statement on Wednesday, April 7.

“The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service(GNFS).”

Advertisement
The air conditioner that caught fire

Recall that several videos circulated on social media of the incident where it captured babies being evacuated in a hurried manner.

The PRO of the facility explained that the babies were moved to another wing of the same floor as a precautionary measure.

“We wish to state no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury.”

Mr Salifu said normal operations have resumed after an assessment by the Fire Service indicated that there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff.

“We wish to commend the staff on duty for their alertness and professionalism,” he concluded.

Previous articleDon’t measure other people’s success with your own-Nigerian actress Toyin Abraham
Next articleBlaming Tv spiritualist for the killing of the 10-year-old boy in Kasoa is a lazy man’s approach of investigation- NMC chairman
Isaac Brown-Yawson is the Founding Editor of Browngh.com.He is a banker turned media entrepreneur. Contact him via email: isaac@browngh.com or via the following social media handles below:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here